Online reservation system will be operated as follows from MAR 1, 2022.
1. The online reservation system will remain the same in the following weekdays : Mondays, Tuesday and Wednesday
Please note that the Consulate will cancel all duplicate reservations without notice and will impose restrictions on making further reservations for those who have a record of two or more no-shows. Please reserve only one spot per service.
2. Every Thursday and Friday is open for walk-in customers; you can visit without a reservation. However, no Walk-ins are allowed on any other days.
Walk-in number tickets are distributed on the 16th floor from 8am.
Consular service is available on a first-come, first-served basis from 9am. If the number of visitor exceeds the daily capacity, the consular service may not be done on the same day and you will be asked to come back later.
Only the applicant is allowed to enter, and his/her family (accompanying person) MUST wait outside of the building.
※ The waiting time for walk-ins is expected to be very long; therefore, it is strongly recommended to make an online reservation and visit the Consular Section if it is not an emergency.
1. Please sign in first and make a reservation. (Click "Log-in" next to language bar)
2. New reservation slots open on 10th and 25th day of each month at 10:00 AM(PST-Vancouver Time).
10th day: same month 16th day ~ last day. (Ex, slots for Oct. 16th ~ 31st will open on Oct. 10th)
25th day: next month 1st day ~ 15th day. (Ex, slots for Nov. 1st ~ 15th will open on Oct. 25th)
If the 10th and 25th day is weekend or holiday, slots open on next business day.
3. You can make a reservation on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and You can visit us on Thursday and Friday without reservation.
Using mailing services
1. Visitors to the Consular Section are encouraged to use mailing services whenever possible and if the matter is non-urgent and non-essential.
- Services offered through mail: Nationality renunciation application, military extension application, degree notarization, etc.
2. For passports and visa pickups, applicants are encouraged to bring a prepaid Xpresspost return envelope at the time of application submission to minimize the number of visitors to the Consular Section.
3. If you still wish to pick up your passport or visa in person, please visit between 3:45pm to 4:20pm on the date you have been asked to pick up. You will be admitted to the Consular Section on a first come, first served basis.
When making an online reservation
1. Only the person who needs the consular affairs service should make an online reservation under his/her name to the service needed. (ID will be checked at the door)
2. If you need more than one consular service, please make a reservation for each service you wish to do.
3. During the two-week term, one person can only book one appointment per service
If there are duplicate appointments booked for the same service, all other reservations except for the earliest reservation will be cancelled without notice.
The Consulate will cancel all duplicate reservations, as soon as they are spotted. The Consulate will not accept any complaints or requests in regards to duplicate reservations.
4. Please cancel your reservation if you can't make it.
You must cancel your reservation at least 8 hours in advance.
You can cancel your reservation after logging in. Go to <My reservation> menu under your name.
5. Even if you made a reservation with us, we may have to cancel your reservation due to following reasons:
If you book duplicate appointments with the same service.
Due to unforeseen internal circumstances or emergency situations.
1. Before visiting the consulate, please check our website and bring the required documents.
2. Be sure to prepare the fee in cash.
3. Only the person the reservation is made under will be admitted
4. You will only be able to receive the service you made a reservation for; if you mistakenly made a reservation for a wrong service, you must revisit after correcting your reservation.
5. No family members, friends, or minors are allowed to enter the building with the person who has the reservation.